As someone who as been battling with my acne for years now, I am constantly seeking new treatment products.
This kit by Murad includes the first high-end skincare products that I’ve tried. Fortunately, this line is tailored to oily and combination skin types (which is what I have).
Before I purchased this kit from Sephora, I tried samples of the cleanser and the spot treatment to make sure that they would agree with my sensitive skin.
What comes in the kit
For just under $40 ($60 value) you get 5 mini-sized bottles:
- Clarifying Cleanser: has built-in toner, no strong scent, leaves skin feeling refreshed, “delivers time-released acne medication that remains active for hours, even after rinsing” (description on product)
- 2 treatments:
- Acne Clearing Solution: for use all-over the face
- Rapid Relief Spot Treatment: to target specific problem areas
- 2 moisturizers: one for day & one for night:
- Oil-Control Matifier: day lotion, SPF 15, can be used as a make-up primer as it is matifying
- Skin Perfecting Lotion: night lotion (no SPF)
At first, I used all of the products as they are intended to be used (cleanser, then all over acne clearing solution, then spot treatment, then day/night moisturizer). However, I found that the acne clearing solution did not do much for my skin and the moisturizers were okay, but I did not repurchase those in full-sized bottles since I am happy with my tried & tested Neutrogena moisturizers from the drugstore.
None of these products changed my oiliness (for worse or better) or caused me to breakout, despite having sensitive skin.
I have been using these two for about a month now and am satisfied. I will most likely repurchase-unless I come across a better product!
If you have acne + oily/combination and/or sensitive skin then I highly recommend picking up samples of this Murad system from Sephora. Online the kit does say that it is good for all skin types, but I can only speak for my own.
In my opinion, the cleanser & spot treatment are the most important so I would ask to try those before investing money into them- b/c why not take advantage of Sephora’s free samples?
What are your thoughts on this acne system? What are your go-to acne treatments? Please share! 🙂
Thank you for reading & happy skincare sunday!