Happy sunny sunday everyone!
Today I am starting a new reoccuring segment of my blog, “Skincare Sunday,” in which I will share skincare products that I have recently tried & tested out and let you know my honest thoughts on them.
Just for reference, my skin is sensitive and combination type.
So, the product for this week is the Clinique Acne Solutions 3 step kit.
What it comes with:
- cleansing foam: a foaming face wash
- clarifying lotion: to use right after washing, very similar to a toner
- all-over clearing treatment: to use after the lotion, a non-scented, lightweight, treatment cream
How to use:
Just like any other 3-step acne kits, use the products in the order recommended.
Step 2 requires shaking because, as you will see, much of the product will settle on the bottom of the bottle. Apply step 2 with a cotton ball.
This regiment is supposed to be used multiple times a day if possible (however, it was too drying for me to do this).
The good and the bad:
- didn’t irritate my sensitive skin
- no strong smell
- foaming cleanser is refreshing and leaves the skin feeling smooth
- too drying to use twice a day
- did not make my acne worse, but did not make it better either
Purchase again or nah?
Personally, since this product did not improve my complexion I will not be repurchasing. However, it was not a harsh product and overall did really well with my sensitive skin.
This product may work better for those who do not get dry skin easily because then it could be used morning and night, rather than just once a day.
All in all, I prefer this system to the Proactiv one, but will keep searching for something better!
Any suggestions for acne treatment systems? I’d love to hear them!