As a lover of walking barefeet, wearing shorts, & sippin’ lemonade the cooler seasons are not my favorite times of the year, but living in the PNW they are unavoidable. In Seattle we have seasons. It just so happens that I have to spend both of the coldest and wettest ones getting to school / class and back.
Let’s face it, the only way to make these seasons more bearable are to dress for them.
So, here’s my TOP 3:
- H U N T E R B O O T S
- Pros: Real rubber boots, high quality, stylish, trending
- Cons: Pricey (but worth it), eventually need to be cleaned with Hunter cleaning products to get rid of blooming
- These are a must-have because sometimes it rains all week long in Seattle…like this week…yes, all week long…
- They come in 2 finishes: high gloss or matte. I love the gloss, the shinier the better!
- They are not intended to be worn as snow boots but with wool socks or Hunter boot socks they have worked for me.
- I recommend purchasing from Nordstrom because of their free shipping and easy returns. They are also available from Hunter and Zappos.
- L O N G J A C K E T S
- I wear my North Face Metropolis jacket daily and it has held up through over a year of rain & snow.
- The longer it is, the more it covers, and the warmer you’ll be.
- This trend is especially popular in the city.
- Wearing a long jacket makes you feel oh so sophisticated.
- L U L U L E M O N L E G G I N GS
- Hands-down the only black leggings I will every buy again
- Thick (not see through), easy to wash, so soft, Lulu’s “naked sensation”, warmer than cotton leggings, durable
- My favorite pair are the Align Pant II
Stay warm, dry, & stylish this winter.