Good morning & H A P P Y K I N D N E S S D A Y ! 🙂
February has had many highlights for me so far, but kindness week (this week) is always one of my favorite times of the year. I’ve been such a busy bee recently that Kindness Week slipped from my mind until Monday night when I checked my planner. Thank god for planners. Seriously, I love my planner. Anyway, this is the time of the year to celebrate random acts of kindness!
When someone holds the door open for you or compliments you doesn’t it make your mood more positive?
Little acts of kindness like that always bring me joy.
It’s surprising how easy it is to be kind. It’s also surprising how much something small like that can impact someone else.
There are countless ways to radiate kindness, but here’s some of my favorite:
- send handwritten notes to friends, family & teachers
- mail letters to Love for the Elderly (see past post)
- write positive messages on post-its and stick them on bathroom mirrors
- surprising your best friend with his/her favorite drink in the morning
- compliment a stranger or someone familiar
- volunteer in your community
- call your grandparents & chat with them on the phone
- love yourself!
Yesterday Kyle & I painted on a few cards to mail out to family, friends, & our high school art teachers ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Creating these cards was relaxing (after starting classes at 8:30 am) & soo enjoyable!
They came in pack of 6 from a Jo-Ann store. They’re constructed with watercolor paper & have plenty of room to write in the inside. The brand is . I purchased a few of their canvases too, love them! I will definitely purchase more in the future.
I definitely recommend doing some sort of fun project like this which is personalized, creative, & one-of-a-kind! The recipients will cherish them and you’ll have fun too!
Once again, Happy Kindness Day (and week!)
Thank you for reading my blog!